Belmont United Methodist Church

belmont

Methodist Church in Belmont established First services at Benton Chapel, began in 1920. In 1934 the building campaign for this structure of English Gothic design was launched. On June 19, 1938 the cornerstone was laid, and in 1939 the church building was completed.

This beautiful sandstone church had years of carbon and atmospheric staining. Due to the porous nature of the stone, traditional exterior surface cleaning methods were ineffective. A combination of ultra fine aggregate and water along with the skill of our craftsman allowed us to restore this building to its original beauty. A waterproofing sealant was applied. Masonry repairs included rebuilding buttresses and capstones. Miscellaneous repointing was provided.

Home page