The Somerville Theatre and the Hobbs Building it is a part of was
built in 1914 by Joseph Hobbs. It was designed for stage shows, vaudeville,
opera, and that new fad, motion pictures. With extensive renovations
in 1996, it remains among the last of the neighborhood theatres.
Asked to participate in the overhaul of this building, Landmark
provided extensive masonry restoration. Stones were repaired and patched.
Replica stones were fabricated and installed for those beyond repair.
Repointing, infills, and cleaning completed the job.